It feels disingenuous to write an end of year post highlighting the authors and creators I have enjoyed this year – as when those people have become friends, confidantes and so much more over the past 12 months, it looks cliquey and insular.
But the majority of these friendships were borne through our writing – mutual interests and taste similarities. Looking at one whose work emulates everything you wish to be, or writes about engagements that had never crossed your mind, or even actively repulsed you until you took the time to read about the subject and suddenly your horizons were widened and the world looked like a much different, slightly more magical place.
So I am unashamedly a fan of the work of so many people I think I am allowed to call my friends – some of whom I am certainly afraid to ask for confirmation in case they look at me askance – which has largely facilitated our friendships/’friendships’.
Anyway, here is my year roundup, faves, whatevers:
(Boring background shit)
This Summer, I went to Sexhibition (along with a very patient/loving/kinky friend of mine), and as soon as I bought the tickets, I knew I was going to visit the good people at Kink Craft.
Three months later, sitting at their stand making my own mini flogger, I was not disappointed. I was so not disappointed I immediately bought up the matching handcuffs & nipple clamps (I love a matching set, who doesn’t?).
It was only at home that evening that I experienced buyer’s remorse. Namely that, cuffs are not actually my bag at all. Even if they are beautiful handcrafted ones.
BUT! My overindulgence can be your gain! I’ve decided to give them away, along with a handwritten story, to a lucky follower! (I know, contain your excitement).
So, rules are:
- UK residents only (Sorry… But I am poor. Caveat: If you’re coming to Eroticon next year, your entry can be presented to you in March)
- Follow me on Twitter
- AND STILL BE FOLLOWING ME ON TWITTER WHEN THE DRAW TAKES PLACE, CHEEKY.
- Like the pinned post on Twitter (So I can keep track of things #memorylikeasieve) AND:
- Interact with my work (Retweets, blog comments etc. NOTE RETWEETING THE PINNED TWEET DOESN’T COUNT X)
- You must do both to qualify (Hey, there has to be a little something in it for me, too…)
- Once I reach 500 followers, the winner shall be drawn!
- Story will be on a subject of your choosing if you wish (As long as it’s consenting adults and no scat/bestiality/incest etc. )Good Luck! And let me know if this makes fuck all sense to anyone.